FlashAmp Release History
Version 1.0, 30 November, 2000
Version 1.0r2, 30 July, 2001
Release 2, fixed a bug saving preference files on some Windows systems.
Version 1.1, 21 November, 2002
Release 3, addressed a bug that caused preference file saving to fail on non-English
operating systems (Mac and Windows) resulting in users having to re-enter
user name/serial number data when starting FlashAmp.
Version 1.1.2, 11 March, 2003
Release 4, addressed a bug that caused a failure to recognize cue points in
some .wav files in the Windows version of FlashAmp.
Version 1.1.2 for MacOS X, 3 June, 2003
Release 5, port of FlashAmp v1.1.2 for MacOS X released.
Version 2.0 for Windows, MacOS X and MacOS 8/9 released, 4 August,
Major upgrade. Added spectrum analysis, batch processing, normalizing revised
output file formats, etc. Fixed the following bugs:
- 8-bit sounds returning lists with 0 values
- sounds with large amounts of cuepoints resulting in erroneous values
at the start of amplitude lists (Windows only)
- very small sound files not being processed correctly
• Version 2.1 of FlashAmp Pro and Standard, 25 April, 2004.
A maintenance release with the following changes:
- The spectrum analysis used by FlashAmp Pro enhanced to improve sensitivity
at higher frequencies (above 8kHz) so the bands for upper frequencies
will contain larger values than FlashAmp Pro 2.0.
- fixed a bug in FlashAmp Pro and Standard where some large stereo sound
files would generate an error when Normalize was switched
• Version 3.0 Pro, Standard
and Lite for Windows and Mac OSX released,
30 March, 2006.
Major upgrade. New interface, Preview window, additional amplitude and
spectrum controls, custom band widths. Fixed
- Amplitude dB scale returning -1 on silence in some sound files
- Numerous normalizing bugs
- A bug causing data to overlap frequency bands on some sound files
- Added "stereo" info to loadVariables() output
- Incomplete cue point data in some stereo sound files
- Numerous other minor bug fixes.
• Version 3.0.1 Pro, Standard
and Lite for Windows and Mac OSX released, 17 April, 2006.
A maintenance release to address issues found in FlashAmp 3.0:
- Fixed an issue with the storage of registration details that forced
some users to re-enter their username and serial number.
- Fixed an issue
where some FlashAmp windows would appear on top of all other windows
on Windows systems.
• Version 3.1 Pro, Standard
and Lite for Windows and Mac OSX released, 13 June, 2007. A maintenance
release with the following changes:
- A new Preferences setting to restore the configuration of the application
to the same state that it was on last exit.
- Restrictions when running
FlashAmp unregistered have been eased - output data arrays now contain
60 elements, equivilent to 5 seconds of audio data at 12 frames per
- Custom band widths are now retained when processing different
sound files (dependant on the sample rate of each sound) [FlashAmp Pro
- When custom band widths are in use during a batch process, any
sound file with a sample rate that's incompatible with the current custom
band range will automatically be processed using the optimum default
band widths for the sound [FlashAmp Pro
- A bug producing invalid data output and occassional crashing when
processing unsupported compressed WAVE files.
- Output files are now named
correctly when processing sound files with long file names (more than
31 characters) on Mac OS X.
- Numerous other minor bug fixes.